The idea of the modern classroom is quickly evolving these days. Technology has transformed the way students learn. Virtual tutoring is taking off. It’s easy to see why because there are so many benefits of online tutoring.
Now, traditional tutoring is being replaced with online tutoring and it’s become easier than ever for students to get the support they need.
It’s no surprise that struggling students who receive personalized support tend to do better academically than those who don’t.
However, traditional tutoring has long faced certain obstacles and downfalls that deter students from seeking help in the first place.
For starters, in-person tutoring hours are limited, rigid and can leave less time for extracurricular activities or socialization throughout the school year.
Online tutoring helps eliminate those barriers, making it more convenient for every student. Students get 24/7 instant access to personalized, one-on-one support any time or anywhere.
Pandemic aside, it’s no wonder online tutoring is surging in popularity around the world.
If your school’s in-person tutoring program is failing to meet the needs of your students or attract interest, or just not available at the moment, it may be time to switch to an online tutoring option.
Skooli is an online tutoring platform that your school can offer with a host of benefits to your students.
Here are five benefits of online tutoring and why online tutoring is the best option for your school:
- 24/7 personalized 1:1 support for your students, anytime or anywhere
- Connects students with vetted, licensed teachers who specialize in teaching difficult subjects
- One to one tutoring solves the lack of face-to-face interaction between students and teachers navigating the new “virtual classroom” by creating real-time interaction between the tutor and one or two students through video.
- Offers a private, secure learning space that reduces the risks associated with other video conferencing programs. Platforms like Zoom and Google Meets and Microsoft Teams are unsecured and public so anyone can access them.
- Students can enhance understanding and prepare for tests better by reviewing the recorded online tutoring sessions at any time they want.
1. 24/7 personalized 1:1 support for your students, anytime or anywhere
Every student deserves the chance to access support when they need it.
Let’s face it. There are challenges with in-person tutoring that discourage high school or college students from seeking help in the first place.
Scheduling conflicts, difficulty finding certified, affordability, specialized support and lack of tutor availability or flexibility are all factors that dissuade students from meeting with a tutor.
With online tutoring, students can access sessions at any time, at their own pace and when it’s convenient for them. Licensed tutors are always available for 24/7 support.
Plus, students can access tutoring sessions from home or on-the-go across a range of devices.
This makes it a much more attractive option for less motivated students or students struggling to stay after hours or find a suitable tutor.
2. Connects students with vetted, licensed teachers who specialize in challenging subjects
Sometimes in-person tutors aren’t a good match.
The tutor’s personality, experience and expertise can make all the difference.
Online tutoring solves this by matching students with the right tutor based on their needs and the tutor’s teaching qualifications, background, and expertise.
Making sure your students get the right personalized support is critical for success.
Look for a virtual tutoring platform that offers licensed teachers who specialize in subjects your students need.
For example, at Skooli, all of our online tutors are carefully vetted and background checked. The majority of our tutors are licensed teachers with extensive experience in many difficult secondary and post-secondary subjects. Others are PhDs or Masters graduates in specific subject areas.
Students can choose from thousands of tutors whenever they need them.
3. One to one tutoring solves the lack of face-to-face interaction between students and teachers in the virtual classroom
Online courses have become a popular option for many secondary and post-secondary schools.
It is well-documented that the quality of education doesn’t compare to that of the real-life classroom.
Online tutoring fills in the gaps of online learning by offering students a real-time interaction between the tutor and the student through an interactive whiteboard, video chat and access to shared tools.
Students will get the opportunity to ask questions, review homework and concepts, and better understand the course material.
4. Offers a private, secure learning space and reduces the risks associated with other video conferencing programs
You’ll have peace of mind knowing that your students’ privacy is protected in a secure online tutoring platform.
On the other hand, many free popular video conferencing platforms like the ones we mentioned above are unsecured and public – so anyone can access them.
Online tutoring platforms like Skooli, are designed for learning but built with safety in mind.
5. Students can enhance understanding and prepare for tests better by recording and reviewing online tutoring sessions at anytime
One of the best things about online tutoring is that sessions can be recorded and played back later.
This is especially helpful for students who have trouble focusing or having wandering minds. Or if they didn’t quite grasp a concept or problem well enough the first time, they can replay the sessions to improve their understanding.
Students can also review sessions at a later date to help them prepare for an upcoming test or exam.
Make the switch from traditional tutoring to online tutoring today
Help your students get the support they need, when they need it.
Skooli offers fully managed online tutoring support that fits the needs of all your students.
With our advanced digital classroom, your students can have instant access to interactive tutoring with a choice of thousands of licensed tutors, anytime or anywhere.
Learn how your school can implement online tutoring at large today.